Thursday, November 3, 2011

Me, Cherry and her Inheritance

I found this old Yahoo conversation from my archives. I have to admit, my responses to “Cherry” weren’t entirely original, as anyone who has seen Ferris Bueller’s Day Off will attest. This is about the funniest thing that happened to me in 2005. I still don’t know where “Cherry” was really from.

cherry collin: Hi

cherry collin: am cherry

me: hi

me: Al here

cherry collin: am cherry

me: whats up?

me: is that all you are going to say?

cherry collin: no

cherry collin: whats ur name?

me: Al

cherry collin: nice name

cherry collin: where are u from?

me: NJ, USA

me: you?

cherry collin: manchester UK

me: how old are you

cherry collin: 27

cherry collin: u?

me: 32

cherry collin: whats ur email let me send u my pic

me: (censored)

me: did you see mine in my profile?

cherry collin: yes

cherry collin: have u seen my pics

me: i saw one... but if you want to send more, that is cool

cherry collin: k

cherry collin: i still have more


me: i have more too if you want to see

cherry collin: yes

me: hold on

me: email address?

cherry collin: yes

me: what is your email address?

cherry collin: cherry_collin2005@hotmail.com

me: ty

cherry collin: no use this

me: use what?

About 15 minutes later...

me: don’t want to talk anymore?

cherry collin: no

me: okay

cherry collin: am not happy tonight

me: i’m sorry

me: i hope i didn’t cause it

cherry collin: i was just thinking about my dad

me: i see.

me: is he ok?

cherry collin: he is dead

me: i’m sorry

me: i’d like to ask why you started talking to people tonight if you are feeling upset, though

cherry collin: i just thought of him now

me: ok

cherry collin: he died some months ago

me: well...

me: do you want to talk about it?

cherry collin: yes coz i trust u as my friend

me: why do you trust me as a friend? you don’t even know me

cherry collin: yes

cherry collin: but my mind is trusting u

cherry collin: i have not lied ever we started chatting

cherry collin: am an open minded woman

me: ok

cherry collin: its on my profile

me: okay

cherry collin: they are owing dad some amount of money, now they have agreed to pay but they want me to open an account in US where the money can be transferred to

me: ohhhhh ok... i think i get it now

cherry collin: ?

me: you want me to open a bank account for you, so you can put your money in there... and then you pay me a fee for doing that, right?

cherry collin: yes

me: ah.

me: and you are from the UK?

cherry collin: yes

cherry collin: they said it must be an account from Bank of America or Wells Fargo

me: and the British government owes your father money?

cherry collin: not the british govt

cherry collin: a small company in germany

me: why dont they just fork over the cash to your father's estate?

cherry collin: estate?

me: why don’t they give the money to your father's next of kin?

cherry collin: that’s me

cherry collin: and they want to

cherry collin: but they insist i open the account

cherry collin: so there US representative will do the transfer

me: why don’t you just open an account yourself?

me: actually... i do think i will do it for you... i trust you

me: i happen to have an account you can use

cherry collin: so do it

cherry collin: it can be done online

cherry collin: i should be from Wells Fargo

me: ok. but there is a condition on your part that must be fulfilled first

cherry collin: whats thats?

me: for security purposes, i must ask you to produce a corpse

cherry collin: corpse

cherry collin: ?

me: yes

me: i must verify that your father is in fact dead... so i must see the corpse

cherry collin: ok would u come over to UK?

cherry collin: and we will both go to the cemetery

me: well, you are visiting, right? just roll his old bones over here, and we can begin the transaction

cherry collin: see

cherry collin: i can’t come without this money

cherry collin: i depend on it

me: borrow the money from someone, and i will pay it back

me: if you can use a shovel, you can dig up the body and bring it here

cherry collin: but that’s illegal

cherry collin: i can go to jail for that

cherry collin: but if u insist i will try

me: you are his next of kin, the body is your property

me: what you can do is cut the body into sections and put them into a suitcase

cherry collin: but there is no hope to borrow the money except u give it to me

me: ok then... just send me a hand in the mail, along with a strand of your hair... once i verify the DNA match, we can proceed

cherry collin: sorry

cherry collin: i can't do all this

cherry collin: if u are willing to help

me: you can’t just dig up his body and cut off the hand to send to me? it’s not that hard

cherry collin: do so not all this blabbing

cherry collin: moreover am taking the whole risk

cherry collin: am sending money to who i have not seen

cherry collin: am taking the big risk

me: well, i’m taking a risk too, which is why i need verification

me: just taking security precautions

cherry collin: but i can’t meet all that

cherry collin: or would u like to talk to me on phone

me: actually, i think i’m going to step away from this deal... good luck

There were parts that I cut out for the sake of the reader’s boredom. I hope to have more of these to post in the near future. If anyone out there knows Cherry Collins, could you find out how she could misspell her own last name?

No comments:

Post a Comment